We sell absolutely everything you need to make this meal, including the fresh parsley.
Mr Vikkis wide range of pickles and sauces made in Cumbria have won over eighty awards. Using the best ingredients that he can find, Adam focuses on creating fresh, delicious and complex tasting foods that not only have a serious kick to them but that also deliver on flavour. That is certainly true of Mr Vikkis Pasta recipe.
- Cook spaghetti, then drain
- Gently, sweat sliced onion in extra virgin olive oil
- add Mr Vikkis Garlic Pickle
- add Mr Vikkis King Naga – to taste
- Sweat some more
- add passata, capers and anchovies.
(you can’t tell they are fish when finished)
- reduce till glossy
- Stir in spaghetti, mix well
- top with parmesan (or for a local cheese, try Berwick Edge)
- and chopped parsley, black pepper
Ingredients for 4 people
- Spaghetti 100g
- 1 tin anchovies
- 500ml passatta good stuff
- Big glug extra virgin olive oil
- 2tbs capers
- 1/2 Mr Vikkis Garlic Pickle
- 1 tsp or to taste Mr Vikkis King Naga
- 1 0nion
- Parmesan and chopped parsley, black pepper
Also see: Turn up the heat: Curry feature to read more about the ingredients we stock for making curries, from fresh chillis, spices and ghee to ready-made sauces, poppadums and nan bread.
Recipe tried, tasted and approved by Madeleine at Alston Wholefoods