Snow is on the way. Time for luxuriously spiced hot chocolate.
We sell cinnamon sticks, vanilla pods and whole nutmeg. If you use our Montezuma 73% Dark Cooking Chocolate to make this hygge drink you won’t pay any VAT.
- 1 vanilla pod, split and seeds scraped out
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 litre/1¾ pints milk
- 150g/5½oz plain chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- sugar, to taste
- freshly grated nutmeg, for dusting
- Heat the vanilla pod and seeds, cinnamon stick and milk in a saucepan until boiling.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the chocolate pieces, stirring until the chocolate melts.
- Whisk the hot chocolate vigorously until frothy on top and add sugar, to taste.
- Serve with a dusting of nutmeg.
Recipe from The Hairy Bikers on BBC Foodtriedtomers